Finally, the Google application received Dark Mode in its latest Beta version. Application is responsible for giving us all the news, calendar information or even trips that are just a click away.
Google has been implementing Dark Mode in its Apps for some time, but only now has the “Google application” been entitled to this treatment.
You must be a “Google App” Beta user
You can sign up for the Beta version on the Google Play Store and wait for the v10.96.12.29 update or you can download this application via APK and speed up the process.
To sign up for the beta version follow the steps below:
- Go to the Google Play Store
- Search by “Google”
- Download a little (above the reviews) and click to be Beta
- Expect to have update v10.96.12.29
Install the Google App APK
- Click HERE and wait a moment
- You will be directed to the APK Mirror
- Choose one of the versions (the last one is the best)
- Wait a few moments for the APK to download
- Click on the notifications where it says “downloaded successfully”
- Give “Chrome” permissions (or the browser you use) to install APKs on your smartphone
- Click “next”
- Click “Finish”
- It's done
How to activate Dark Mode in the application
After installing the Beta version, you access the application. Just make sure that you closed the application after the installation is done so that the changes are active.
- Open the Google app
- Click “More” in the bottom right corner
- Go to “Settings”
- Click on “General”
- Choose the “Theme”
- Select “Dark”
- It's done
Dark Mode will give the application a different look, but not only. With this new ideology you will save much more battery on your smartphone. Dark Mode has been a serious bet by Google and Apple in their operating system, it is just a pity that Google Apps receive the news gradually and not all at once.
EBox editors recommend: