How to mute notifications in Messenger?
Before explaining how you can stop receiving any message through a conversation with that person through Facebook chat, we want to give you a less drastic and equally functional option.
If you are worried that in the meantime something important is missing from this user, you can choose to mute your notifications. This will make the chat with him continue within your list of conversations, you continue to receive these messages and they accumulate but, yes, you will not receive any type of notification that comes from this conversation. To do this it is as simple as:
- Open the Facebook Messenger app on your phone and search for the conversation with that person.
- Swipe this chat from right to left. Here you will see 3 options that are displayed. Click on the bell.
- In this panel that has appeared, it gives us the option to silence notifications for a certain time or, if you wish, so uninterrupted.
From now on, this person will be able to send you all the messages they want without being disturbed by the typical Messenger sound or with a floating window. In case you want to do this from the web version with the computer it will be as simple as:
- Find the conversation with that user.
- Click on his name to display the chat settings.
- Select the option “Mute conversation” to achieve the same result in the Web version of Facebook Messenger.
How to ignore a conversation in Messenger
In the event that you are determined to completely stop receiving messages from this user, you should know that he will not be able to realize that he is being ignored and, in addition, you will not see any of their constant messages within your usual list. But, yes, if this person sends you message after message without receiving any response, obviously they should understand that something strange is happening. On the other hand, the chat with that “heavy” friend will not disappear, but will be stored in another place out of your sight, but we will talk more about this later.
For ignore the conversation of a specific person within the app of Facebook Messenger, you just have to follow the following steps:
- Access the conversation with that user from your mobile.
- Once inside, click on this person’s username to display the settings for this conversation.
- Now, from this new menu, you will see the option to “Ignore messages”. Press it to activate this feature.
- Finally, in the pop-up text, confirm your decision by clicking on «Ignore».
From now on, any message you receive from this person will not only not bother you with sounds or pop-ups, but you will not even see it in your Messenger conversation lists. The process from desktop version is identical to the mute but, in this case, you must click on “Ignore messages”. It’s that simple to ignore that heavy friend that we all have on this social network.
How to disable ‘ignore messages’ on Facebook
If after a while you regret having ignored this person and want disable this optionYou should know that it is tremendously simple. You just have to follow the following steps both through the mobile phone Messenger app or from the desktop version itself:
- Click on the chat search engine as you normally would to start a new chat.
- Type in the username of that person you “blocked” at the time. Click on his profile to access the conversation.
- Once here, and on the writing box to send messages, you will see that Facebook itself tells us that if we want to stop ignoring this person we will only have to send them a message.
And voila, we can to receive messages again of our friend in this social network and everything will be as at the beginning, yes, we will again be a prey of his constant messages on Facebook Messenger.
*The article has been translated based on the content of https://eloutput.com/redes-sociales/facebook/messenger-ignorar-mensajes/ by eloutput.com
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article. If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!