T8-4 EBOX MC shortcut not working

Home Forums General help, hints and tips T8-4 EBOX MC shortcut not working

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  will.bourke 3 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

will.bourke
    Participant

Hi I updated to the latest ROM for the t8-4. Now when I click on EBOX MC shortcut on home screen it says app isn’t installed. I uninstalled and reinstalled Kodi, but the shortcut still doesn’t work. Any help is appreciated

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Liam

Hi Will, did you download the rom from the EBox site? as this should come with EBMC(EBox Media Centre), the EBox MC tile on the launcher screen will only load EBMC if its installed, it wont load any other addons such as Kodi or SPMC.

will.bourke
    Participant

Hi Liam, thanks for response. I was on the Android side of things when I noticed an update was available, so I ran it from there. Is there a way to fix, or do I need to wait for next OTA update?

bordi
    Participant

The safest method would be to wait for the next release of the OTA update
    and this time make sure you have both Wipe Data and Wipe Cache boxes ticked

Alternatively if you are more daring you could download the latest firmware on to an SD card and do it that way

daz1107
    Participant

Hi – I had the same problem! I resolved it by opening the ‘Ebox App’ app and installing the EBMC app again.
    Once this was done, the shortcut worked.

will.bourke
    Participant

All sorted thanks everyone for taking the time to respond. Installing EBMC 16.4.2 done the trick

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Same day shipping30 day returns policyinternational-shipping51 year warranty on all products checkout@Droidsticks

Product Categories

Best Android Powered TV Boxes, Kodi TV BoxesCable accessoryGamePadsKodi Installation ServicesMini Projectors Powered By Android Official TV box Remotes Other AccessoryPro remotes KeyboardsRepairs CentreReplacement plugs for Android Based TV boxes Smart Gadgets and TechnologySmart TV Box Accessories, Android TV box AccessoriesVirtual Reality