banner

Manual VPN setup on EBox T8 V TV box version 5

jirocz2

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  jirocz2 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

jirocz2
    Participant

Hi all,
    my name is Jim, im from USA and have just ordered EBox T8 V TV box version 5.

My question is regarding manual setup of VPN.

I currently have a VPN that I use and if possible, would like to keep. It is from Newshosting.com

Below are my VPN’s instructions to setup on an Android device. Does anyone have any comments regarding if this will in fact work or not?

1. Download the OpenVPN Connect app from the Play Store.
    2. Using a computer, download our .ovpn files from our site here, and unzip the servers configuration files.
    3. Email the server’s .ovpn files to your Android device, or plug the Android device into your computer to move the files over.
    4. Launch the OpenVPN Connect app. Click the menu button in the top right. Click ‘Import’ then tap ‘Import Profile from SD card’.
    5. Locate the .ovpn file from Step 3. Click it, then hit the ‘select’ button.
    6. Enter your Username, followed by newshosting (ex: usernamenewshosting) and then enter your Password(Check the ‘Save’ box if you don’t want to enter the password each time you connect).
    7. Click the ‘Connect’ button at the bottom and hit ‘continue’ on the Select Certificate popup.
    8. To disconnect, simply open the OpenVPN Connect app and click the ‘Disconnect’ button.

Thank you in advance for any help or advice

Jim

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest article

Ebox M8s Pro Plus Review this 2017 TV box has it all!

August 22, 2017     EntertainmentBox     tv box

EBMC based on FTMC Kodi Jarvis for Android 4.4 users experience Kodi 17.3 Krypton

August 18, 2017     EntertainmentBox     kodi

EBox H96 Pro Plus review Android 7.1.2, 3GB RAM 32GB ROM Amlogic S912

July 30, 2017     EntertainmentBox    

Deepoon M2 Pro VR Headset Review, 3G RAM, 32G ROM, 75Hz, Exynos 7420

July 15, 2017     EntertainmentBox     how to