Best TV box store for UK and USA, Smart TV box on Android with Kodi › Forums › EBox Android TV Boxes › EBox T8-4 › How to use the OTA Updater App
Tagged: OTA Update App
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
- June 12, 2016 at 10:43 pm #54381
This will be the last time you will have to use a SD card when you update your firmware. We have now finished our OTA (over the air) update app, this will be installed when you run the latest firmware for one of the supported devices below. After you have finished upgrading to our latest firmware update you will see our New Ebox OTA Updater app.
This is what you will use to update your from now on, when you open the app it will inform you if their is a new Update available.
Other devices will follow soon.
The Ebox OTA updater app is so ease to use.
- Open the OTA Updater app
- If their is an update available click download Update.
- You will then see two tick boxes wipe cache and clear data tick both boxes then click next.
- The app will close down when its finished downloading.
- Open the app again and follow the same steps again this time it will reboot and update your device ( you will not have to wait for the download again)
Each Android TV box has its own specific set of software, called the firmware. Like any piece of technology, it’s important to keep it updated. Android TV boxes usually come with the latest firmware versions that are available. The trouble is, that firmware can become out of date as fast as you can say “Google Update.”
Firmware is what is needed in most electronic devices today. But what is it exactly and what makes it so crucial for products to run smoothly?
For starters, firmware is essentially the programming needed for certain devices to perform their designed tasks.
Unlike software, we don’t use firmware to perform specific activities on devices, but instead use it for their main functions.
Because of this, firmware updates are occasionally needed to make sure the device operates the way it should, as bugs are fixed and programs are altered for consumer benefits.
The EntertainmentBox Firmware Downloads utilities listed here can cause permanent damage to your product if applied incorrectly. Before downloading any firmware updates, verify the firmware you are downloading is appropriate for the specific model number of your product. If you have any doubts, contact Customer Service for guidance.We will not and can not be held responsible for incorrect use.
You can follow us on Twitter here.
How to use EntertainmentBox OTA updater app
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)