banner

EBox MC – Home Page – Beginners – Weather

richardtruby

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  richardtruby 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

richardtruby
    Participant

T8-V5 – Android 6 – EBox MC
    Bit confused about the Beginners Home Page and the “Weather Setting”.

Weather Setting: ON – this doesn’t seem to do anything – nothing on the Home Page and no option to apply an addon.
    Weather Setting: OFF – this allows me to input a location and this location name is displayed on the Home Screen for beginners next to the large Sun Icon – nothing about the actual weather – the large sun icon is always displayed no matter what the weather.

Can anyone help with an explanation as to what the “Weather Setting” does and if I should expect any actual weather details on the home page (like in SPMC)?
    Thanks
    regards
    Richard

Liam

Hi Richard, i’ve just had a look at the weather app & agree it doesn’t work as it should, i will look into it more too see if i’ve missed a setting somewhere & mention it to those who set up the firmware as it looks as though it will need replaced in a later update.

richardtruby
    Participant

Thanks Liam.
    I have done some further searching on the internet and came across a note from Droidbox.

Not sure if they are connected in anyway to EBox but here is the link:
    https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/whether-weather-will-work/

Essentially, they have a similar problem on their Home Page which was caused by an issue with Yahoo Weather.
    That was back in April and there hasn’t been an update on the link since.
    Their immediate solution was to recommend the creation of a custom launcher and use a different widget.
    Bit drastic, I think. Not sure why they didn’t just change their own widget.

regards
    Richard

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest article

EBox H96 Pro Plus review Android 7.1.2, 3GB RAM 32GB ROM Amlogic S912

July 30, 2017     EntertainmentBox    

Deepoon M2 Pro VR Headset Review, 3G RAM, 32G ROM, 75Hz, Exynos 7420

July 15, 2017     EntertainmentBox     how to

How to update T8 V4 TV box from Android 5.1 to Android 6.1

July 11, 2017     EntertainmentBox     how to

Could this be better than an Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Or Apple HomePod?

June 26, 2017     EntertainmentBox     ebox