Alexa Compatible Roomba Models
The Roomba catalog, which is how iRobot robot vacuum cleaners are known, is quite extensive and although all its proposals obviously have autonomy to automatically clean the house, not all available versions enjoy the same options. same connection technologies (or home mapping, for example). In this way, we find more basic vacuum cleaners, which we will program and little else (although they are becoming less and less) and others much more complete that we can manage even with our voice, without having to resort to the application to execute many of its functions.
It is precisely this second group that interests us now: the Roombas compatible with Alexa, the famous Amazon voice assistant. It is likely that by entering the iRobot application for your smartphone, you have already seen if your device supports it or not, but just in case, we list below the Models that offer it so that you have no doubts:
- Roomba e5
- Roomba e6
- Roomba 89x
- Roomba 69x
- Roomba 67x
- Roomba 96x
- Roomba 98x
- Roomba i3
- Roomba i7, i9
- Braava jet m6 (floor scrubber)
All these devices therefore allow control through Alexa, according to the manufacturer itself on its official website, and are compatible with all the commands that we leave a little below.
How to connect the vacuum cleaner with the assistant
Before you start trying all the commands that you can execute, you need, of course, to first establish the settings between your Roomba and the voice assistant. For this you will have to resort to its official application and follow a few simple steps that will serve as a bridge for the final task: activate a skill of the robot and link it with your Alexa account.
- Make sure you have the Alexa app installed on your phone (although it is obvious that you will have it if you use the assistant).
- Open the iRobot app on your smartphone (either iPhone or Android).
- Tap on the icon with three lines that you will see in the upper left corner.
- Choose “Smart home«.
- In the options that will appear on the screen, choose the first one, «Accounts and connected devices».
- Once inside you will see the available options: select Amazon Alexa.
- Doing so will redirect you to the Alexa app and notify you of the activation of the skill and link with the assistant.
- Once in it, tap on the blue Link button.
- You will return to the screen of point 6 and after a few seconds you will see the message that the robot and Alexa are already connected.
The disconnection, As you can imagine, it is as simple as following the same steps that we have just explained, only that, once inside the “Amazon Alexa” option, (where you will see the message that Alexa is already linked), you will have to touch the blue button at the bottom, where it says “Disconnect Amazon Alexa.” In a matter of a second, the robot and the assistant will be unlinked. That easy.
Alexa voice commands for your Roomba
Although all the basic commands are available in the models that we told you a little above, there are some specific phrases that you can only use with certain equipment (the most modern and advanced in the catalog), since they correspond to additional functions not available in your brothers. little ones.
We detail below what they are for you to put them into practice.
Commands for all Roombas compatible with Alexa
- Start cleaning: “Alexa, tell Roomba to start cleaning”
- Stop cleaning: “Alexa, tell Roomba to stop cleaning”
- Pause cleaning: “Alexa, tell Roomba to pause cleaning”
- Resume cleaning: “Alexa, tell Roomba to resume cleaning”
- Return to Home Base «Alexa, tell Roomba to come home»
- Roomba’s current status: “Alexa, ask Roomba what it’s doing”
- Locate Roomba: “Alexa, ask Roomba where it is”
- Schedule a cleaning job: “Alexa, tell Roomba to schedule cleaning”
- Delete a scheduled cleaning job: “Alexa, tell Roomba to delete the scheduled cleaning”
- List the schedule: “Alexa, ask Roomba when Roomba is going to start cleaning”
- Schedule by room: “Alexa, tell Roomba to schedule cleaning in (room name)”
Commands for Alexa only compatible with Roomba i7, s9 and m6 series
- Clean by rooms: “Alexa, tell Roomba to clean my (room name)”
- Clean by zone: “Alexa, tell Roomba to vacuum the (zone name)”
- Clean by object: “Alexa, tell Roomba to vacuum in front of (object)”
- Clean by Favorite: “Alexa, tell Roomba to vacuum the favorite (favorite name)”
In case of using the Braava m6Instead of “Roomba” you will have to say “Braava”, the default generic names of these two devices. In case you have both at home, Alexa could ask you which robot you mean so that you can better specify the device and that there is no confusion. It is all very intuitive, so you will follow the conversation without problems as it arises.
Little else you have to know about this this. Now you just have to familiarize yourself with the commands (so you don’t have to look at the chop every 2 x 3) and check how well the robot vacuum cleaner works under voice commands. The only thing missing is that they can pass the feather duster …
*The article has been translated based on the content of https://eloutput.com/productos/hogar/robot-aspirador-roomba-alexa/ by eloutput.com
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article. If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!