How to use AirPods with a PC
If you have bought some AirPods, both the normal model and the Pro, you will already know that you can use them together with other devices beyond your iPhone, iPad or Mac. It is true that with Apple’s own products everything is much easier and direct, as well as very visual thanks to those notifications on the screen that appear just by opening the cover of the case that protects them and bringing them closer to the computer.
However, when you bring the AirPods close to a Windows PC that message does not appear. But that does not mean that you cannot use them with your computer, or even with any other device whose operating system is not that of the company with the bitten apple. So let’s see first How to connect Apple AirPods to a Windows computer:
- The first thing you should do is put the AirPods or AirPods Pro in pairing mode. To do this, open the lid of the case and without removing the headphones, press the button on the back for a few seconds
- When the LED light inside the case begins to flash, the headphones are ready to connect to any Bluetooth enabled device.
- Now, from your Windows PC, go to the Settings> Devices section
- Select the Bluetooth option
- On the next screen, all the previously detected devices will appear, click on add new device
- When the AirPods appear, click on connect. These will normally show up as “AirPods from …”
Ready, as you can see, in just a few minutes you will have your Apple headphones connected to a Windows PC. And all this without losing the pairing that you have been able to make with your other devices.
Connect AirPods to Android
Now that you have seen that connecting Apple AirPods to a PC with Windows as the operating system, what if you want to use them with an Android terminal? Well, nothing, because the process is identical:
- Open the case of your AirPods and without taking them out, click the pair button
- In the Android settings, go to Bluetooth settings and click on add new device
- When it appears listed, hit connect
- Ready, you can now use your Apple headphones
The only drawback that you are going to have when using the AirPods (normal or Pro) with an Android or Windows device is that some of the features offered with an iPhone, iPad or Mac will not be available. For example, those that allow you to do a sound test to see which pads fit you best in the case of the Pro model. Or other uses such as using them as a communicator, etc.
However, for the main use that is neither more nor less than listening to audio through them, such as series and movies, podcasts or music, also to make calls and videoconferences, you will not have any problem. And remember that this can also be done with other devices such as consoles, Smart TVs, set top boxes, etc. The only thing you have to take into account in these cases is whether it has a Bluetooth connection or you will have to resort to accessories that add it and are compatible with the device itself.
So if you were attracted to Apple headphones but had doubts about whether you could take advantage of them with your other devices, we hope this has solved your doubts. Although, we also tell you that there are other very interesting proposals also in case Apple’s operating systems are not the main ones with which you deal with daily.