Can I use my PS4 game on PS5?
Sony has confirmed that PS4 games will be compatible on PlayStation 5 regardless of physical or digital format. You will only have to use the disk or access your personal library to continue playing your favorite games.
This means that all that collection of games you keep on the shelf will still be compatible with your new console when you buy it on November 19.
- If you have the disk version, you will just have to insert it into the PS5 and probably download an update. As you may be assuming, the disc versions cannot be played on the digital version of PS5, however, the PS5 with Blu-ray will be able to download the digital version so that you do not have to always insert the disc.
- If instead you have one Digital version, the game can be installed by accessing your personal game library and downloading the game directly from the network. You can also transfer a game from one console to another through the local network or WiFi, or by running it from an expanded storage unit.
Are all games compatible?
According to Sony, “the vast majority” of PS4 games will be compatible on PS5, and the vast majority refer to almost all of them, since we will only find 10 games outside the list. The games that can only be played on PS4 are the following:
- Afro Samurai 2 Revenge of Kuma Volume One
- TT Isle of Man – Ride on the Edge 2
- Just Deal With It!
- Shadow Complex Remastered
- Robinson: The Journey
- We sing
- Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
- Joe’s Diner
Problems playing PS4 games
Although the compatibility is complete, we may run into some problems when playing certain games. The PlayStation support page advises that some games may lose some functionality, and recommends testing the games before you start shopping for add-ons and add-ons for your game. Also remember that virtual reality games will require a PlayStation VR and a PS Camera, something obvious and expected, since they are the basic requirements to enjoy virtual reality.
What about my saved games?
If you have a PlayStation + account, you will not have to worry about anything, since all your saved games will be kept in the cloud and will be fully accessible from your new PlayStation 5.
Is there a difference in the games?
PS4 games will run much better on PS5, achieving higher and more stable frame rates per second, enjoying ultra-fast uploads and, in some cases, enjoying a dynamic resolution that will allow you to enjoy 4K images.
Can I play PlayStation, PS2 and PS3 games on PlayStation 5?
No. Unfortunately, the console does not offer backward compatibility beyond PS4, so older games will be limited to availability on PlayStation Now, PlayStation’s streaming game service. The CEBox of Sony Interactive Entertainment himself confirmed that backwards compatibility from generations beyond PS4 will be left out of the PlayStation 5 equation.