Table of Contents
- 1 What is the best VPN for Amazon Fire TV? How to install a VPN on Amazon Fire TV.
- 2 IPVanish is the best VPN for the Amazon Fire TV
- 3 How to install a VPN on an Amazon Fire TV in a few simple steps.
- 4 Other helpful IPVanish VPN installation guides
- 5 What is ISP, VPN, IP and IPVanish
- 6 How does a VPN work?
- 7 Paid Fire TV VPN vs Free Fire TV VPN
- 8 Paid services, therefore, have several advantages over their free rivals.
- 9 Why do I need a VPN for a Fire TV?
- 10 1. Privacy
- 11 2. Security
- 12 3. Geo-restrictions
- 13 4. Throttling, shaping and censorship
- 14 Share this:
- 15 Like this:
What is the best VPN for Amazon Fire TV? How to install a VPN on Amazon Fire TV.
If you have not heard using a VPN on an Amazon Fire TV, then it is time to take note. Today we are going to explain why you should seriously think about using a VPN and what benefits you get from using one. A VPN (virtual private network) gets installed on many different platforms including an Apple iPhone/iPad, Android TV boxes, Amazon TV, Windows PC and the Amazon Fire TV and a few other devices. Further down this post, we will go through how to setup a VPN. Let’s get to the point the best VPN for Amazon TV is IPVanish. It’s compatible with all the above devices and it will give you unrestricted access to the internet.
IPVanish is the best VPN for the Amazon Fire TV
With so many VPN’s claiming they are the best and so much choice it is hard to pick the best one. We have tested many services and the best VPN for the Amazon Fire TV we recommend to our customers is IPVanish. Another good thing about IPVanish is it costs as little as $6.49 a month. And will allow you to connect to 5 different devices all at the same time. In addition to this post, we also have a guide on, how to unlock your Kodi box or kodi add-ons with IPVanish.
How to install a VPN on an Amazon Fire TV in a few simple steps.
- Create an IPVanish account
- Go into Fire TV Settings / Developer Options and turn on Apps from Unknown Sources. Also, turn on ADB Debugging and/or USB Debugging
- Exit to home screen then navigate to the search button. Type in the box “Downloader” then click download or get to install the Downloader app
- Launch Downloader
- Use the bar on the left to open a web browser
- Navigate to https://entertainmentbox.com/fire
- Scroll down to the IPVanish download link, click it to automatically download and install onto your Amazon Fire TV
- Open the app then enter the username and password you used when you created the IPVanish account
- Once logged in click “BEGIN TUTORIAL” if you want to see the how to use IPVanish or click “Skip” to go to the main dashboard
- From the main dashboard click Country. This will show you a list of all the different countries available, pick one
- Now click the big green connect banner
- Allow IPVanish to set up a VPN connection on your device
- You will now see that you are connected to the country you selected
- Congratulations you have now installed a VPN on the Amazon Fire TV
Other helpful IPVanish VPN installation guides
One IPVanish account will allow you to use up to 5 different devices at any one time. So now that you have an account make the most of it. Follow our easy step by step guides so you can install the best VPN on any device.
- Unblock websites, Unlock your Smart TV Box, Unlock Kodi add-ons, Jailbreak Android
- Best VPN for Amazon Fire TV, How to install a VPN on an Amazon Fire TV
- Best VPN for Amazon Firestick, How to install a VPN on an Amazon Firestick
- Best VPN: for Android TV box how to install VPN for Android Box
- Best VPN for Apple iPhone, iPad? How to install a VPN on an Apple iPhone, iPad
- Best VPN for Apple Mac, How to install a VPN on an Apple Mac
- Best VPN for Windows PC, How to install a VPN on a Windows Laptop
- Best VPN for Amazon Firestick, How to install a VPN on an Amazon Firestick
What is ISP, VPN, IP and IPVanish
- ISP (internet service providers. SKY, BT, Virgin Media, Verizon, RCN)
- VPN (virtual private network, keeps your online activity private)
- IP (ISP can use an IP address to find an address or see what sites are viewed)
- IPVanish (the best VPN to use on the Amazon Fire TV)
How does a VPN work?
VPN software encrypts your data, giving you total privacy online!
A VPN is a must-have application for anyone who wants to surf the web freely, securely, privately and with no restrictions. Here is how a VPN service works.
1. Using a VPN is like you have a computer in a different country a computer that no one can trace back to you. It is completely anonymous and secure.
2. When you use a VPN it will hide your real IP address. Stopping any website that you visit being able to see where you are.
3. The website’s data is first delivered to the IPVanish – and then its send it to you, instantly and securely.
4. The result? You can seem to be in whatever country the server is in. Allowing you to surf the Internet like a local, no matter where you are in the world.
6. Any blocked websites or geo-blocked sites magically become available.
5. And snoopers, internet service providers, and hackers online cannot trace your activity back to your real address or find out who or where you are.
There are many paid VPN providers and many free services. The problem is, what level of speed, reliability, security will a free service offer? As you will mostly use your VPN to stream content, speed and a reliable connection are key factors to consider when choosing a VPN provider. In addition, your VPN connection is carrying sensitive information. Therefore, it is important to make sure that it is sent with robust encryption over a secure and capable network.
Security is an immensely crucial factor when picking a VPN provider. In most cases, free VPN services will offer a PPTP connection. Security flaws have been highlighted with PPTP, and can make these VPN connections vulnerable to attack. IPVanish however, offers several VPN protocols including IPsec (Internet Protocol Security) and L2TP (Layer 2 Tunnelling Protocol) that are a lot more secure than PPTP.
The reality is that free services will not have the revenue to invest in efficient connections to the Internet, resulting in poor and slow connections. Paid VPNs, however, have the funds needed to invest in infrastructure and offer their customers more secure and faster connections.
Coupled with security and bandwidth is the number of servers you can connect to. Paid VPN services have the income to invest in a vast number of servers to make sure your VPN connection is always live and fast, allowing you to stream content without buffering issues or the connection dropping.
Paid services, therefore, have several advantages over their free rivals.
- More robust security
- Multiple VPN protocols to choose from
- Access to a larger pool of servers (and locations)
- Higher bandwidth for fast and efficient connections
Why do I need a VPN for a Fire TV?
Your own IP address is not leaked to the Internet, only the VPN’s IP is. Websites, services, and others communicate only with the VPN IP address and not the one you are using.
The IP address alone may show valuable information about you. For instance, your geographical region, language, or Internet provider that is being used. And it also provides others with options to get your name and address. This can happen if the local authorities ask that the internet service provider hands the data over to court.
How an IPVanish helps: IPVanish does not hold any records of the sites you visit. Or will they track data transfer between you and other sites? it is anonymous web browsing.
A VPN encrypts traffic between your device and the VPN Provider. This is especially useful when you are using wireless networks to connect to the Internet, as it prevents eavesdropping.
Since all traffic gets encrypted, your ISP, will not be able to tap into the traffic to find out what you are doing on the Internet.
How an IPVanish helps: By encrypting the data sent from your device and encrypting the data you receive. If anyone tried to intercept your data it would be worthless.
While the Internet is global, services provided on the Internet are not necessarily available to all users connected to it.
For instance, you may not access iPlayer from Germany or Japan directly as you will receive a notification that iPlayer is not available to you.
That is even the case if you are a citizen of a country where a service is offered but abroad now.
Streaming services are but one of the applications on the Internet that are often restricted geographically.
The same may be true for shopping sites and other Internet services. Some companies offer regional stores that users can use, but there may be no way to switch stores to take advantage of exclusive offers in the store.
Another example is virtual game sales. Games may be a lot cheaper in certain countries even though the same company offers them. Steam is a good example for this as the price of games may differ widely between different regional stores.
How an IPVanish helps: IPVanish offers different exit nodes in countries all around the world. Since you can pick one from a list of available nodes, you seem to be coming from a country supported by the service. For iPlayer, you would pick a VPN node in the United Kingdom to gain access to the service.
4. Throttling, shaping and censorship
Another interesting use of VPNs is to bypass ISP throttling or traffic shaping, and censorship. Internet Service Providers may throttle certain types of traffic, for instance, P2P traffic, automatically for all users connect to their networks.
Censorship, however, means the blocking of Internet resources by the state, something that seems to have become common even in countries that value “free speech”.
If you take the UK for instance, you may have heard about the “adult filter” that is either already active for Internet users or to be enabled in the future. While you can ask unfiltered Internet directly by contacting the ISP, it can be quite embarrassing to do so considering that the filter is called the “porn filter” commonly.
How an IPVanish helps: Filters set up on the ISP level don’t apply if you are connecting to a VPN. While the ISP could block the VPN from being accessed, this is usually not the case which means that you can use blocked sites. In addition, traffic throttling and shaping do not work either because of this.
If you are looking for the Best VPN for an Amazon Fire TV, then look no further. With IPVanish you can browse the internet freely and securely without restrictions. You can use our easy to follow guide, on how to install a VPN on an Amazon Fire TV. Install a VPN in minutes, protecting everything you do on the internet. All for only $6.49 a month.