Apple started today (15) to distribute the latest version of its operating system for Mac computers, macOS Big Sur with several bug fixes and performance improvements, in addition to new functions and optimizations for its M1 processors.
Indeed, the macOS Big Sur 11.1 introduces support for AirPods Max, improvements to the TV app and privacy information on the App Store. This update also includes bug fixes for the Mac, as the company indicates in the changelog official.
What’s new in macOS Big Sur 11.1 11.1
- Support for the new AirPods Max circum-aural headphones.
- Superior sound thanks to high-fidelity audio.
- With adaptive EQ, the sound adapts in real time to the individual adjustment of the ear cushions.
- Active noise cancellation to block out ambient noise.
- Transparency mode to hear what’s going on around you.
- Spatial audio with dynamic head tracking provides a cinema-like sound experience.
- The new Apple TV + tab makes it easy to discover and watch Apple Originals programs and movies.
- The improved search allows you to browse by category (such as gender) and see recent searches and suggestions as you type.
- The main results of the surveys include the most relevant results from films, TV shows, cast, channels and sports.
- New section of privacy information on the App Store pages, which includes a developer summary on the application’s privacy practices.
- Control panel integrated in Arcade games with recommendations for new Arcade games.
IPhone and iPad applications on Macs with M1
- New window options for iPhone and iPad applications, which allow you to switch between horizontal and vertical orientations or expand a window to fill the entire screen.
- Possibility to edit Apple ProRAW photos in the Photos application.
- Ecosia search engine option in Safari.
- Available in the Maps application and via Siri for locations in mainland China.
- Health recommendations made available through Siri, in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, India and Mexico, for certain levels of air quality.
This update also addresses the following issues:
- QuickTime Player could close when opening a movie with a time code strip, after updating from macOS Catalina.
- The status of the Bluetooth connection was not displayed on the control panel.
- Reliability of automatic unlocking of Mac with Apple Watch.
- The speed of travel on the trackpad could be higher than expected on MacBook Pro models.
- The LG UltraFine 5K monitor could incorrectly use 4K resolution on Macs with M1.
The Cupertino giant also points out that some features may not be available in all regions or on all Apple devices. Likewise, the distribution of news is being done gradually and in stages.
In case of doubt, the user can consult the official support and support page.
EBox editors recommend: