The next version of Amazfit Bip 2 may arrive during the summer of 2019. This may have a smaller screen than its predecessor, with 1.2 inches instead of 1.28. The resolution should also drop from 176×176 to 127×127 pixels. Your screen should have Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
In terms of pricing, it should stay within a fairly affordable price range, slightly above the previous model, which costs around 70 euros.
Amazfit Bip is a simple, beautiful and inexpensive smartwatch. Rare features to merge into such a device. Useful for a normal user who wants a smart watch or sport at an affordable price.
Amazfit Bip 2's design may change from its predecessor
As for its features, no major improvements are expected from the previous model. Compared to the 2018 model, we can see some improvements in connectivity with the arrival of Bluetooth 4.2 BLE, and even a slightly different design.
The Amazfit Bip 2 should feature GPS, sleep meter, continuous heart rate and an atmospheric pressure monitor. We can expect a digital compass and 5 ATM water resistance. The battery is 200mAh, so it should keep up to 40 days of autonomy.
In the near future we should have more news about Amazfit Bip 2. At this moment we are still sailing in hypothetical seas, but as the presentation gets closer, we will have more news.
- New modes for sport, including for swimming
- Touch color 24-color screen (first generation only 8 colors)
- Battery life up to 40 days (200 mAh more than previous version)
- Bluetooth 4.2 BLE (new generation compared to previous version)
- Support for more languages (we don't know if UK’s will be among the options)
- 20mm bracelet (same as first generation)
- New colors (light green has already been released)
- Player to control music natively
- Heart rate sensor
- Step meter
- Distance meter
- Calorie meter
- NFC (few features expected outside China)
- Android and iOS connection
- All notifications on smartband
- Possibility of changing bracelets
- Prices must be above 70 €
The watch is due for delivery in the second half of 2019, with August being the most likely date, and would arrive in the usual stores only some time later.
Amazfit Bip 1 is still a good buy
If you want to buy a smartwatch but don't want to wait for the release of Amazfit Bip 2, you can buy version 1:
You may also like Did you miss this?