Alexa starts to be more social
Amazon has long offered a number of features that make Alexa a more social product. One of them is the Drop-in function Through which you can communicate with other users that you have in your contact list or send messages between devices to notify other members of your family that you are going to dinner or anything else that interests you.
As well, the last added function by the company his voice assistant is related to music and that ability to communicate with other users. From now on you can share the songs you listen to with other users If you think they might like them or you just know that they can bring back good memories and to do so you will only have to ask Alexa.
This is the novelty introduced by the company and it is certainly very striking for all of you who use an Amazon Echo or any other device compatible with Alexa to listen to music. Because with a simple voice command you can send what sounds and the other person will receive a notification instantly to listen to it. And best of all, this option does not require that both users have the same active music service on their device, although some of those that are available do have that song in their catalog.
How to share music through Alexa
Well, now that you know what this function is about, which adds an extra touch to that social system of Alexa, let’s see how to use step by step.
- The first thing you should do is activate the communication option through Alexa. You can do this from the Alexa application on your mobile phone by going to the corresponding section
- Once you touch the Communicate button and you have activated the option, you will have to synchronize your contact book
- Once this is done you will be ready to share the music you listen to via Alexa with other users, so play a song
- While the song is playing you can summon the assistant and say “Alexa, share this song with username«
- After adding the name of the person with whom you want to share this song, a message will be sent
- The recipient will receive a notification that can be consulted from the Alexa app on their mobile device or through reading messages on the Amazon Echo and other compatible products
- When Alexa reads the message indicating that a song has been shared, it will give the option to listen to it
- If the song is available in any of the music services configured by the user who receives it, it will begin to play. Otherwise, it will offer alternatives or related suggestions
As you can see, it is a very simple option to use and manage, it will also allow the person who receives the song to respond with a reaction. But this is all just the beginning. Amazon has commented that it is a first step in the final experience they want to build over time, making Alexa a more social product. Something that lately is necessary to be able to relate less than before.
About this new option, it is a feature that Amazon just implemented so it may not yet be available to all users. If so, you just have to have a little patience until it is activated. Something that will happen yes or yes.
*The article has been translated based on the content of https://eloutput.com/productos/domotica/compartir-musica-alexa/ by eloutput.com
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article. If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!