Are you not in Britain right now and miss the BBC? You can get around this annoying access block and enjoy all the BBC iPlayer content with NordVPN – the best VPN service for streaming. You can also bypass locks with ExpressVPN, ProtonVPN, TunnelBear VPN, PrivateVPN, and IPVANISH.
There are two reasons why you can read this article: either you are looking for a reliable way to access the popular BBC iPlayer service from another country, or the way you used to do this earlier does not work.
Be that as it may, we will help you – given the meticulous analysis of the connections by which the BBC cuts off VPN services and proxies, and everything you need to bypass this block, finding a suitable VPN service can be very difficult.
However, there is every chance that you no longer have to look.
We checked the best modern VPN services and compiled a list of the most serious VPN service providers, which are ways to provide you free access to BBC iPlayer – and other similar services (say, Netflix ) – from anywhere in the world.
So, read on to find out about the 5 best VPN services for accessing BBC iPlayer.
VPNs working with BBC iPlayer
- In NordVPN more than 700 servers in the UK, so that the service we have in the first place
- ExpressVPN features lightning-fast speeds for stable live streaming
- ProtonVPN offers dedicated servers in the UK for streaming from BBC iPlayer
- IPVANISH boasts its own VPN blocking bypass technology
5 VPNs That BBC iPlayer Will Open For You
- More than 420 servers in Britain – guaranteed access to BBC iPlayer
- A variety of features – dual VPN connection, dedicated IP, DDoS protection and much more
- Can connect up to 6 devices at a time
- You can contact online chat for help at any time of the day.
- 30-day money-back guarantee for all tariffs
- Users are very pleased with the quality of Nord VPN services and the quality of this VPN that bypasses blocking access to BBC iPlayer.
NordVPN is a service that has not experienced problems accessing the BBC iPlayer for a long time. More than 400 available servers in Britain provide this VPN with maximum capabilities. In addition, not so long ago, the NordVPN server network was significantly optimized, due to which the connection speed increased sharply (though ExpressVPN is still faster, albeit a little).
NordVPN provides its users with the most advanced features – for example, you can use a dedicated IP address. This function is ideal for free access to content bypassing any locks, however, it is not included in the standard set – in other words, you will have to pay for it.
As a matter of fact, the standard set of services of this service is round-the-clock access to technical support via online chat, 6 simultaneous connections (unlike 3 with ExpressVPN), as well as a 30-day money-back guarantee without any questions. In addition, the service uses smart encryption and adheres to a strict, codeless policy. Generally speaking, NordVPN is a fast, safe and reliable assistant for anyone who wants to watch streams from sources protected by access locks – including from BBC iPlayer.
NordVPN is able to unlock:
- Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Showtime, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video and Sling TV.
- Yes, dedicated P2P servers.
NordVPN runs on the following devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. Also compatible with routers.
Want to get started with NordVPN at the best possible price? Click here for discounts!
- We conducted dozens, hundreds of tests, but the result was the same – this is the fastest VPN service to date. As a result, you can watch HD streams without lags and buffering
- The function of creating split tunnels allows you to filter VPN traffic
- UK servers optimized for streaming and support OpenVPN
- 24/7 user support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- This is one of the most popular VPN services – find out why users love it so much
What should be a VPN to make it suitable for an iPlayer? It should have a lot of fast servers in Britain, it should provide high-quality technical support and provide first-class protection of user data – all this ExpressVPN has.
Servers in Britain support OpenVPN (UDP and TCP), the service itself does not maintain logs. In other words, ExpressVPN is one of the most secure VPN services to date. In addition, our tests showed that this is also the fastest of all of them, so you can watch streams in Full HD format without any difficulties.
The BBC uses advanced connection analysis and proxy and VPN detection systems, not much different from Netflix and Hulu. Accordingly, at any time the server you use to bypass the lock may be blacklisted. Fortunately, round-the-clock technical support ExpressVPN is always ready to offer you a new server.
So, having excellent servers in Britain at your disposal and providing dazzling fast speeds, this VPN, registered in the British Virgin Islands, is one of the best services for gaining full access to the BBC iPlayer from anywhere in the world. If something doesn’t suit you, don’t worry – just use the 30-day money-back guarantee!
ExpressVPN is able to unlock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime Video, Showtime, Sling TV, DAZN, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P.
ExpressVPN runs on the following devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It also offers an application for working with routers.
Do not miss the advantageous offers from ExpressVPN – click here to learn more about current promotions.
- Over 150 servers in Britain
- Special operating modes (profiles) open iPlayer access quickly and confidently
- Attentive tech support
- 45-day money-back guarantee and 1 day trial period
- Users report that working with ProtonVPN is not just easy, but very easy. You can find out more about this in user reviews.
At one time, ProtonVPN had serious problems with bypassing access locks. Fortunately, this is a thing of the past – after a major update, the problems were resolved, and the popularity of the service increased sharply. Now it is one of the best services for accessing the BBC iPlayer.
In the design of the application, the theme of ghosts is actively used, which, however, is not surprising. This, of course, does not prevent ProtonVPN from providing exactly the services that it promises – for example, access to more than 150 servers in the UK, no traffic logs or connections, access to technical support via live chat, the ability to connect up to 5 devices at the same time and other great features.
But the main feature of this VPN is the so-called profiles – special operating modes. Always in a couple of clicks, you can put the application into bypass lock mode, and the settings for this profile will be set taking into account BBC iPlayer.
If you encounter any difficulties, then responsive technical support staff will be ready to help you at any time of the day or night.
Generally speaking, ProtonVPN is an exceptionally reliable VPN for anyone who wants to access the BBC iPlayer. It is inferior in speed to NordVPN or ExpressVPN, however, it compensates for this with a money-back guarantee and a 1-day trial period, which you can use to check the service in practice. The trial period is a big plus!
ProtonVPN is able to unlock:
- Dedicated broadcast profile optimized for: Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Sky Go, Hulu, Comedy Central, Eurosport, ESPN and others.
- Yes, a dedicated profile showing countries and the number of users.
ProtonVPN runs on the following devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, Android TV, Linux, and Chrome.
- Strict, tax-less policy
- A decent selection of servers in Britain
- Cheap VPN that can bypass geographic access blocking
- Technical support is always ready to help, but online chat does not work constantly
- 30-day warranty
- Users report that they do not encounter problems with access to even the pickiest services. You can read more about this in the
The small server network PrivateVPN can safely call it one of the smallest VPN services on the market. PrivateVPN tries not to attract special attention, which, however, does not prevent it from providing the ability to bypass almost any access locks at a very affordable price.
Of the approximately 80 PrivateVPN servers, 5 are located in Britain. Not so much, you say, but this is quite enough for the matter – with the help of this VPN service you can access a variety of services protected by access locks, including BBC iPlayer.
With regard to privacy, PrivateVPN is fully consistent with its name – this service adheres to a strict, codeless policy and keeps under its full control the entire infrastructure of the data center, which ensures the most secure sessions on the Web – and even taking into account the fact that PirvateVPN is registered in Sweden (not the best place for VPN services).
Of course, something could be worked on – for example, live chat is not available around the clock, although it is understandable if you take into account the size of the company. Again, when contacting via the contact form, the answers come quickly enough.
PrivateVPN can boast the amazing quality of work in its price category; the service also provides a 30-day money-back guarantee. By contacting support, you can even get a free trial period, which allows you to test the service in practice!
PrivateVPN is able to unlock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Hotstar, Amazon Prime Video and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity; in the application, you can see a list of servers optimized for P2P.
PrivateVPN runs on the following devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
- Chameleon protocol – proprietary to provide a reliable bypass of access locks
- Great speed
- Third Parties Not Involved
- The free 3-day trial, but no money-back guarantee
- Users like the quality streams from BBC iPlayer. You can read more about this in the
The Chameleon protocol is IPVANISH‘s own development, which literally works wonders when you need to bypass the advanced blocking of VPN connections to services such as Netflix, Hulu and, of course, BBC iPlayer. Being a modification of the OpenVPN protocol, Chameleon is able to withstand even deep data verification, and it is with this technology that many VPN services experience problems.
In addition, this service will provide you with excellent speed and access to many servers in Britain. If you are looking for a VPN service that can not only open access to iPlayer, then IPVANISH is an excellent option, because it has a global server network with more than 200,000+ IP addresses.
The IPVANISH service owns all the program code, all the hardware and all the networks it uses, so we can safely say that it has everything under control. The cherry on the cake – this is a policy without logic – although the service collects certain data, it will not compromise your privacy in any way.
Of course, this service has its own minutes. So, the cost of IPVANISH services is quite high. It does not provide service and money-back guarantees. However, there is a positive point: you can use the free trial period. True, it lasts only 3 days, but during this time you can have time to understand whether the service is suitable for you or not.
Watch BBC iPlayer from anywhere in the world using VPN
Bypassing access locks to your favourite iPlayer shows has ceased to be the same simple task as a few years ago, but it is still possible. VPN service and this is undoubtedly the safest and most reliable way to watch BBC iPlayer streams. And now you also know what services you should choose for this business.